References & Credits
- Jenkins-Smith, H. C., & Sabatier, P. A. (1993). The study of public policy processes. Sabatier and Jenkins-Smith (eds.). Policy change and learning: An advocacy coalition approach, pp. 1–9. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- Jones, B. (1994). Reconceiving decision-making in democratic politics: Attention, choice, and public policy. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Mitchell, D. E., & Boyd, W. L. (1998). Knowledge utilization in educational policy and politics: Conceptualizing and mapping the domain. Educational Administration Quarterly, 34(1), 126–140.
- Mutchler, S. E., & Johnson, K. T. (1999, December). Deliberative dialogue: A new policy tool? Insights on Education Policy, Research, and Practice. Austin, TX: Southwest Educational Development Laboratory.
- Pan, D. T., & Mutchler, S. E. (2000, September). Calling the Roll: Study circles for better schools. Policy research report. Austin, TX: Southwest Educational Development Laboratory.
This edition of Insights was written by Üllik Rouk, Policy Studies Associates in Washington, DC, and edited by Joyce Pollard, program manager for policy information services at SEDL. Julia Guzman, program specialist, coordinated production. Diane Pan and Sue Mutchler wrote the original research report on which this Insights is based.
Insights on Education Policy, Practice, and Research may be reproduced and copies distributed to members by educational agencies, organizations, and associations.
This publication is based on work sponsored wholly, or in part, by the Office of Educational Research and Improvement, U.S. Department of Education, under Contract #RJ96006801. The contents of this publication do not necessarily reflect the views of OERI, the Department, or any other agency of the U.S. Government.