SEDL Insights, Vol. 2, No. 2: How Districts Can Lay the Groundwork for Lasting Family Engagement
Authors: Lacy Wood, Laura Shankland, Catherine Jordan, Joyce Pollard
|Price: Available free online|
SEDL Insights on How Districts Can Lay the Groundwork for Lasting Family Engagement
- Provide training and supports for both educators and families.
- Integrate family engagement standards and measures into educator evaluation systems.
- Leverage funds and resources from multiple sources.
- Create staff positions dedicated to family engagement.
- Focus on school improvement instead of procedural compliance.
- Make student and school data accessible and meaningful to families.