Brian P. Litke
Brian Litke is an Information Technology Manager with SEDL's Administrative Services department.
Information Technology Manager
Mr. Litke oversees the development of SEDL's corporate and intranet Web sites. He also works with SEDL's project staff to plan and implement new Web sites and to build tools that allow SEDL staff to update the content of their project sites. Mr. Litke adds interactivity to SEDL's corporate and project Web sites by programming online forms, databases, interactive learning modules, and SEDL's shopping cart. He also installs and configures SEDL's bulletin boards, search engines, and data management tools.
Mr. Litke has extensive experience designing Web-based information and data management systems that support SEDL programs and institutional functions. He has also coordinated the development and implementation of online systems for external clients, such as the United States Department of Education and the Texas Education Agency.
You may contact Brian P. Litke at 512-391-6529
- Technology: Mr. Litke's experience in the area of technology includes implementing new Web sites, programming interactive site elements, enabling non-technical staff to update Web site content, and reporting on Web site maintenance and metrics.
Prior to joining SEDL, Mr. Litke was an information coordinator for a national software retailer. He has also worked for Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation as a loan counselor. Education
Mr. Litke holds a BA in English from the University of Texas at Austin and a Master of Science in Computer Information Systems (MSCIS) degree from St. Edward's University in Austin, TX. SEDL Publications
- National Policy Forum for Family, School, and Community Engagement (2010)
- Science After School (SAS) Consumers Guide (2010)
- Center for Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement (CSRI) Web Site (2009)
- Change Facilitator Stages of Concern Questionnaire (CFSoCQ) Online (2009)
- Connection Collection (2009)
- Working Systemically Online Survey (2009)
- Afterschool Lesson Plan Database (2008)
- Texas e-Plan: an Online Technology Plan Builder for Texas School Districts (2008)
- Evaluation of the Texas High School Completion and Success Grant Initiative, Cycle 2 Final Report (2007)
- Evaluation of the Texas High School Completion and Success Grant Initiative, Cycle 2 Interim Report (2007)
- Beyond the Building: A Facilitation Guide for School, Family, and Community Connections (2006)
- How Can Schools Involve Family and Community Members in Supporting a Child's Readiness for School?: An Interactive Research Brief (2006)
- Reading Assessment Database for Grades PreK–3 (2006)
- SEDL i-Plan: Online School Improvement Planning Tool (2005)
- What Do We Mean by Family and Community Connections with Schools?: An Interactive Research Brief (2005)
- What Structures Can Help Schools Create Effective Family and Community Involvement That Supports Learning Outside of School?: An Interactive Research Brief (2005)
- Cognitive Foundations of Learning to Read: A Framework (2000)
- Annotated Bibliography of Resources: for educational reform, coherent teaching practice, and improved student learning (1999)